If you need to complete an IEC 61511 or IEC 61508 Functional Safety Assessment or Functional Safety Audit you may be thinking "where do I start?".
Our FSA checklist includes original Microsoft Excel and Micosoft Visio templates to help you manage and report on the FSA process.
The following items will be shipped by secure download after payment:
- Functional Safety Assessment and Audit Checklist (Microsoft EXCEL .xlsx file).
- Functional Safety Assessment workflow and document input checklists (Microsoft VISIO .vsdx file).
A comparable development effort for this template set is estimated to be in excess of two person-weeks for an experienced functional safety professional with access to multiple functional safety standards and other industry guidelines.
The checklist contains more than 350 questions or prompts relating to standard IEC 61511 Functional Safety Assessment stages 1 to 4, including FS management and Audit questions.
Each question is cross-referenced to the applicable clause of IEC 61511 edition 2, or other standards, if appropriate.
The approximate breakdown of questions/prompts is as follows:
- FS Management: 27
- Hazard, Risk & SIL Assessment: 41
- SRS - Hardware: 30
- SRS – Application Program: 20
- SIS Design & Engineering: 48
- SIS AP Development: 57
- FAT: 16
- Installation, Commissioning & Validation: 75
- SIS Operations: 22
- SIS Maintenance: 26
- SIS Modification: 13