If you need to complete an IEC 61511 or IEC 61508 Functional Safety Assessment or Functional Safety Audit you may be thinking “where do I start?”.
Our FSA checklist includes a ready-made Microsoft Excel template which encompasses every requirement of IEC 61511 in a checklist/questionnaire format, each cross-referenced to the standard.
The following items will be shipped by secure download after payment:
- Functional Safety Assessment and Audit Checklist (Microsoft EXCEL .xlsx file).
* A comparable development effort for this template set is estimated to be in excess of 2 person-weeks for an experienced functional safety professional with access to the latest functional safety standards. Please note that the standards IEC 61511 and IEC 61508 are copyright of the International Electrotechnical Commission, and these are not supplied with your purchase.
This template set is suitable for experienced functional safety professionals wishing to assess process industry applications of safety instrumented systems according to IEC 61511 edition 2.
The checklist contains more than 350 questions or prompts relating to standard IEC 61511 Functional Safety Assessment stages 1 to 4, including FS management and Audit questions.
Each question is cross-referenced to the applicable clause of IEC 61511 edition 2, or other standards, if appropriate.
The approximate breakdown of questions/prompts is as follows:
- FS Management: 27
- Hazard, Risk & SIL Assessment: 41
- SRS - Hardware: 30
- SRS – Application Program: 20
- SIS Design & Engineering: 48
- SIS AP Development: 57
- FAT: 16
- Installation, Commissioning & Validation: 75
- SIS Operations: 22
- SIS Maintenance: 26
- SIS Modification: 13